Sunday, October 2, 2011

More like home :)


Ciao Amici,

Florence is beginning to feel more like home every day, but the time is flying by! Only two and a half more months to enjoy this amazing place!!!

Brit and I before Church!
Exploring Firenze these past two weeks has been amazing! I’ve gone to church at the Duomo twice now. Once an English mass and the other an Italian mass. Both experiences were extremely different from the Catholic Church at home. Instead of singing songs they speak them and for communion people just hop in line with no order what so ever. Also, no wine with communion!!! Never the less, I am very glad I went and I hope to continue to go the weekends that I am in Firenze!


my beautiful home :)
Game night :)
                                                                       For those of you who know how much I was struggling to move forward in my life, I have officially let go of the past. There is no longer a heavy weight holding me down and I’m so excited to see what the future has in store for me. I finally realized that what happened, happened and it's over. I needed to stop worrying and focus on the positive! The friendships I have made here are absolutely amazing!!! These people are like family! Jen and I hosted a game night and I’ve never laughed so hard! We played this impossible game with so many rules no one could keep them straight, and of course the celebrity game!
We did get yelled at for being too loud, but when you get 10 people in one apartment drinking wine, it was bound to happen! We quieted down right away and everything was ok.  :)

Gucci Museum!
Monday night, Jen was told Jennifer Lopez and Madonna were in Firenze for the opening of the Gucci Museum! (J LO was not and Madonna had already left) So, the four of us dressed up and ran down there! On our way we ran into some boys from UNC. We started talking and one of the kids went to high school with my friend from college. HOW WEIRD!!! I’m in a different country! It is SUCH a small world! Anyways, we were standing as close as we could to the entrance and saw Anna Wintour! Even though she is extremely rude it was still cool to be so close to her!! The security guards instantly became our friends and we joked around with them the entire night!!  

Friday I met a very cute Italian boy! His name was Raphael and he bought me a red rose hahaha. Next step, a vespa ride from an Italian boy!

This weekend Brit, Chris and I took an adventure to IKEA. It was the first time I had ever been to one, and it was SO FUN! We literally tested out every single bed! The store is huge! I finally bought a comfortable pillow and another towel!  Hopefully my neck pains will go away!

As far as classes go, they are great! I am working with an Italian website called Flo’N The Go. The website is geared towards tourists visiting Firenze! I get to write articles and produce packages about food, on stage performances and lifestyle!  This opportunity is going to be absolutely amazing!!! The first package I want to do is about this WONDERFUL Panini shop right by our school! The sandwiches are HUGE!!! You can get anything you want on it for 3 euro!!! And the bread…. SO FRESH!! I am officially addicted to it! Brit and I have decided we can only go once a week! Therefore, since Wednesday is our busiest day, we head over on our break!

My art history class is beyond spectacular! Living in Firenze, I am emerged in the history everywhere I go, but having such a knowledgeable professor is really enhancing my experience! As I walk through the piazzas. I know how they came to be and what use to be there and why!  The artwork is also phenomenal! I am truly blessed to have this experience! I wish I could fly all of you over on a plane to experience it with me!
 
Chris and I are also in the process of filming our next Flashes of Florence: Nightlife.  It will discuss restaurants, dancing, and the street performers! I’ll post the link as soon as we’re finished!!!

I love and miss you all!
Ciao tutti!

No comments:

Post a Comment