Sunday, October 16, 2011

Half way through the semester!!!

Hi everyone!

It is so hard to believe that I am half way though my semester! As much as I miss home, I am not ready to leave Italy! The girls are I are in the process of switching rooms right now. Bri and Jen will have the balcony and Brit and I will have the bigger bathroom! It's exciting but so sad!

This past week was amazing! Tuesday my practicum teacher took our class to Santa Croce where we had the opportunity to climb to the top and view the frescos! The frescos are restored ever 10 years and they are in the process of restoring them now. The detail in the paintings are absolutely amazing!
View from the top of the Duomo!

Wednesday, my Art History class climbed 463 stairs to the top of the Duomo! The climb wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be! I had a 360 degree view of the city! Stephen found our street from up there. hahaha. The pictures that I took don't even begin to explain how beautiful it was! Brit and Bri haven't climbed it yet, so I'm going to climb it again with them!!! It's just so beautiful! Later that night all of us went out for margaritas then headed to a talent show! Jen and I filmed the show for Flow N' the Go. The show was a lot of fun! Chris and Elyse performed Love the Way You Lie and it was AMAZING! They had the entire crowd on its feet singing and clapping!
Love them all!

Thursday, Jen, Chris and I spent the day editing our package for Flow N' the Go. I'll post the link as soon as I get it. Then Chris and I filmed some stuff for our next Flashes of Florence video and filmed the cover band of Dave Mathews Band at Red Garter.
Roomies! 

                                              Friday, I spent WAYYYYYY to much money! The weather here changed a lot faster than I had anticipated. Therefore, I went out and bought a few sweaters, winter jacket, and a pair of boots!! The boots were half off though so I don't feel as bad! The four of us girls just chilled that night. I got to skype: Glenn, JJJ, Andrew Pulsen, Justin and Troy that night! Seeing all of my best guy friends made me realized how much I miss Kent! :(

My new boots! :)
Saturday was the most absolutely perfect day ever! We spent the day in San Gimangnano! It was so nice to get out of the city for a day and enjoy Tuscany for what it really is! San Gimangnano is a very quiet town with a million different types of wine and cheese! I've always liked wine but I'm starting to LOVE it!! I just wish Brit could enjoy it with me! :( We think she's allergic to it because every time she has a sip it makes her sick!!! We've tried to find one for her, but we've pretty much given up!!

View of the Countryside! :)



Also, seeing Tuscany makes me want to live in the country one day! Don't get me wrong, I love the city, but I LOVE the peace and quiet of the country!

This is for you Nonna! :) haha
 Well, It's my turn to move my stuff into my new bedroom so I will post pictures next week! I will also be traveling to Venie Friday and Saturday!!! SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Love you all,
Monique, Mo, Moe Moe, Meek, Meeker (which ever you prefer.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment