Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blissful Italia!

The beautiful city of Venice!
Ciao Amici,

beautiful!
I am currently procrastinating on packing, so I thought I'd catch up on my blog! This past weekend I spent in Venice! It was probably one of my favorite destinations so far. We arrived Thursday and visited the Accadamia. The art work was outstanding!

                                            Later that night we all grabbed dinner and I tried Bellini!  It is a peach champagne that originated in Venice! It was very good.
delicious!
:) We then roamed the city. As we were walking, a Nutella sign caught my eye. (How surprising!) It said Nutella Pizza!!! We all sprinted into the shop to find that they only had Nutella calzones. Stephen and I had an entire conversation saying the same things at the same time! It was so funny! Of course I had to try one! So they heated it up and Stephen and I split it! It was probably the best thing I've had in Italy so far.... Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but it's pretty close!

Outside of Basilica of San Marco
 Friday we visited the Basilica of San Marco, which was my favorite part of the trip! It was huge and so decorative inside! Everyone told me I had to see it but I never really knew why. Well now I am saying EVERYONE MUST SEE IT! The basilica is huge architecture inside and out is gorgeous!

We visited a few other places along the way and then ended the trip with a Gondola ride! It's one of those things you have to do atleast once. I'm so glad I had the chance to because it was extremely peaceful and beautiful! Fortunantly for me, that was our last stop because after that is when my camera died! :( It was dropped in Milano and had been acting up since then. When I'd turn it on a message would come across saying lens error. Stephen had temporarly fixed it for me, but it finally gave out! :( I was so upset because I just got that for my birthday AND IT'S PINK!!!!!! I just bought a new one today. It's a very nice blue camera, but it's not pink! hahaha

inside of Basilica of San Marco
I actually had to be a student this week! I had Comparative Media and Art History midterms Tuesday and Wednesday! Comparative Media was very easy but I was freaking out about Art History! I made a powerpoint, retyped all my notes and another study guide! I told my professor and he looked at me like I was nuts and told me I was drowning myself in it! He clearly doesn't know me because I always do this! I was at the school from 1p.m. until 12:30a.m studying last night and it paid off! The test was so easy! I think I only missed one or two! So, if anyone has any questions on Italian Gothic or Renaissance history please let me know!

I'm now off to finally pack for Barcelona! Stephen, Jen, Ali, Kelly and I all leave tomorrow evening and return Sunday!! Please pray I do not get pick pocketed! If this camera is stolen I will chase whoever took it down! hahaha

Cutest puppy!!!
Oh, I almost forgot!!! We finished another episode of Flashes of Florence!!! It's all about the night life here!! Watch it and let me know what ya think!! :) Student Night Life in Florence!

 Love and miss you all!!!
Less than 2 months until we are all reunited!!!!! yayyyy!!!





Marco Polo's home
The oldest bridge in Venice!
Gondola













No comments:

Post a Comment