Sunday, September 11, 2011

Never a dull day in Italia :)

Ciao!
This week I was very sick! I could barely stand up one day and I now have Strep and a very bad cold. Luckily, my roommates have been taking care of me, but now they are getting sick!

 This week Florence celebrated the birth of the Virgin Mary. They opened the terrace on the Duomo. It was so amazing looking at the city from above! The inside of the church is absolutely beautiful!

They also had a lighting of the lanterns ceremony. People had a mickey mouse and other decorated lanterns. I found one with Tweety!! I was so happy! Apparently, it's also a tradition for kids to  pelt clay balls at people!

Thursday night was the same thing but on the river! It was really cool. While we were sitting listening to a band play two very cute Italian men walked up to Brit, Bri and I and asked us to get gelato. They seemed very respectable and we were with other people who knew where we were going, so we did. They ended up being police officers. They were very friendly!



Friday we had a fun family night with all the CCI kids. We played a bunch of games and drank some wine :)




Saturday, Bri, Brit and I spent the day in Pisa. Literally the only thing in Pisa is the Leaning Tower. We had so much fun taking goofy pictures! We decided to make a video pretending to report the Leaning Tower of Pisa was falling and the place was going into panic! I'll edit and upload it soon!


Tonight, we're going to an American bar where they will be playing the Browns game! Thursday, I leave for the Almafi Coast, Pompeii and Capri!! I can't wait!!! I'll have pictures coming!



Ciao everyone!
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment