Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I have found a new home!



LOVE!!!












Ciao,
Paris is officially my favorite place in the ENTIRE world!!!! Every sing building is beautiful, the streets are clean and the people are surprisingly very nice!

We made it!
Friday, Marissa, Elyse, Kelly, Danielle, Stephen and I headed straight to the mesmerizing Eiffel Tower where we had the chance to climb it! 669 steps later we reached the second floor where we stopped for pictures! The view was magnificent! The tower itself is maintained so well! You'd never know it's over 100 years old!

I definitely did not go hungry in Paris! I tried a Nutella Crepe, Creme Brulee, Croque Monsieur and a Chocolate Macaroon! Yes, I know, I sound like a fat kid, but I have to make sure I like the food before I move there!!!  :)  I was kinda bummed I didn't get to try the French Onion soup, but there is always next time! :)

 I also visited the Arc de Triophe, Concord Square, where a monument is in place from Napoleon's years, the bridge where Princess Diana was killed; I signed the wall, and the Louvre!!!!
Arc de Triophe


















The Louvre beats the Florence Accademia by a far! I could have spent an entire day inside! The Mona Lisa was beautiful, but my favorite section was Napoleon III apartments. He had SOOOOOO many chandeliers, which I am completely infatuated with! For those of you who have seen my facebook pictures, yes, I did fall asleep inside of it! In my defense, traveling for 4 weeks straight is extremely tiring! Such a hard life I live :( hahahaha.

We also made an extremely quick visit to Notre Dame Sunday! When I saw extremely quick, I'm not joking! We last track of time at lunch so we literally ran to Notre Dame, grabbed pictures and ran back to the Metro so we could catch our bus so we didn't miss our flight!!! Exhausting!
Notre Dame

I'm slightly disappointed how much I have spent with just transportation. Ryan Air usually has cheap flights, but the airports that you fly into require you to find another sort of transportation to the actual city you need to be! So in all you're still spending between 100-200 euro for transportation then another 50 or 60 for a hostel! I know I am extremely blessed and that I knew this would be expensive coming in, but it just get stressful at times. It is just making a wiser money spender. Just like my daddy!

Tweety :)
My favorite part of the trip was finding a figurine with Tweety standing next to the Eiffel Tower! I could NOT pass up buying it!! It had my name written all over it!!! I also really enjoyed watching the Eiffel Tower Sparkle after sunset! Talk about being speechless! There is nothing in this world more beautiful than the Eiffel Tower, especially at night!

We also stopped at a Starbucks and it had the Christmas flavors out!! I got Mocha Blanc Cranberry! Only way to explain it: Christmas in a cup!

Only 4 more weeks til I return home and I feel like I have so much left to see!!!! Brit and I are going to make a list of things to accomplish! :)

See you all in a few weeks,
It looked like Caesar!
Love ya,
Meek
There is an entire field of stone dolphins outside the Pisa airport!!!


Priceless!

No comments:

Post a Comment